- 11/2019 – Roger and Miquel’s work on a new compact hybrid converter that supports ~2000X voltage conversion ratios from 1V-3V input to 1kV-5kV output for soft robots has been accepted to APEC 2020. Congrats, Roger and Miquel!
- 11/2019 – Casey’s work on a new integrated hybrid converter for smart cable solution, published at ISSCC, has been invited and accepted to JSSC. Congrats, Casey!
- It is indeed rare to see an integrated converter paper that has a complete set of new topology, practical application, smart use of parasitics in the environment, and compliance with EMC standard requirements!
- 10/2019 – Most of the group members finally arrive at UCSD.
- 09/2019 – A new lab is being built up with nice cubicles, height-adjustable desks, and a “Reconfigurable” meeting room.
- 09/2019 – Our first paper on the MIH converter family is published in the IEEE Transactions on Industry Applications. Congrats, Gabsu!
- 08/2019 – Tirtho Lodh joins our group from IIT Bombay and ABB India. Welcome, Tirtho!
- 08/2019 – Prof. Le accepts an offer to go to the Department of Electrical and Computer Engineering at the University of California San Diego. He will be on leave from CU Boulder in the 2019-2020 academic year.
- 07/2019 – Prof. Le is elevated to IEEE Senior member. IEEE Senior Membership is an honor bestowed only to those who have made significant contributions to the profession.
- 06/2019 – Our paper entitled “Demystifying Capacitor Voltages and Inductor Currents in Hybrid Converters” by Ratul Das, Janko Celikovic, Siamak Abedinpour, Mark Mercer, Dragan Maksimovic, and Hanh-Phuc Le has been awarded a COMPEL 2019 Best Paper Award! Big congratulations, Ratul!
Welcome to iPower3Es
Our research mission is to address challenges in co-optimizing efficiency and size with performance in different electronic systems and applications, including:
- High-performance computing and data centers
- DC-houses and DC-buildings
- Low-power biomedical implants
- Internet of Things (IoTs)
Our team combines individuals who love what we are doing for future energy-efficient electronics systems. We strongly support diversity in our group, department, and school where creativity is fostered together with a strong work ethic. And also very importantly, we have fun.
We are always looking for good team members. Outstanding and self-motivated students interested in joining the iPower3Es group are recommended to contact Prof. Le directly.